Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Barclay & Clegg (“We”, “Us” or “Barclay & Clegg”).
Please note that You, (“You” and “Your”) as a purchaser of Products made available through Barclay & Clegg (“Products”) and Your use of Products provided by Barclay & Clegg is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”).
Purchase of Products
You must be 18 years of age to purchase Products from Barclay & Clegg. Please read these Terms carefully prior to indicating Your acceptance.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ’embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Use of our Website outside South Africa
Customers who do not reside in South Africa are welcome to use our website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is in South Africa.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Users are not required to register with us before placing their order online. However, if you do not register with us, your details cannot be stored as we will have no account to reliably associate you with. Should you wish to register with us, you will be required to provide personal information such as a valid email address as well as a postal and delivery address, which will be stored on our secured server. Upon registration you will receive a one-time login link which will require you to confirm your email address. Registration and/or use of our online shopping website constitute your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of our website.
We only deliver within the borders of South Africa and cannot accept a delivery address that does not fall within it. Information that you provide is stored on our servers for your future shopping experience with us. You may at any time change or update your personal information with us. To amend any registration particulars please click on “My Account” and edit your details.
Barclay & Clegg accepts no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the use or misuse of your password. You will be required to enter your user email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site.
Method of Payment
Payment can be made via PayFast. We accept:
- RCS store cards (RCS, Game, Makro, Builders, Cape Town Union Mart, Old Khaki, Keedo, Poetry, Tread + Miller, VIP, Coricraft, NWJ, CTM, Contempo and SupaQuick)
Products are shipped as soon as payments reflect into our bank account.
- Regional & Outlying areas of MP, NW, L, EC, NC, WC, FS, KZN: R200.00
- National metropolitan areas of JHB, PTA, DBN, CT, PE, EL, BLM, PMB etc: R110.00
- Local central JHB & PTA only: R90.00
- Outlying areas, game farms, townships, rural areas: We will email you with a quote.
- Click to collect from any of our stores. We will email you when your order is ready for collection from your chosen store at Nicolway Bryanston, Brooklyn Mall or Lonehill Shopping Center.
Delivery takes place within 48 hours on weekdays only. Every effort is made to effect shipment of your order timeously however unforeseen circumstances may cause delays.
We have outsourced all delivery arrangements to TCG. Accordingly, we cannot, to the extent permitted by law, be liable for any damage suffered or loss incurred by reason of any acts or omissions of the deliverer, it’s directors, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives and/or affiliates. We do not give waybill numbers to our clients. Any following up on a delivery must be done through us and not directly with the courier company.
Risk shall pass on delivery. If there is any short delivery or damage to goods in transit, this should be notified to Barclay & Clegg by you with full particulars within 24 hours of delivery.
We cannot be financially liable for delay in delivering the products, however arising.
Returns & Defective Products
Kindly note that due to the intimate nature of the products we sell, we are not able to accept any returns or exchanges on underwear once the swing tags and liners have been removed. Briefs and panties cannot be returned.
Items must be returned within 7 days.
Should you wish to return an item, you may arrange to do so by contacting us on 082 376 8802.
We offer an in-store or online credit for the returned goods (no refunds).
The return of goods will be at the customer’s cost.
If you are unsure of your size, please call or visit us in-store for a specialised fitting by one of our consultants.
All Products are thoroughly checked for quality before despatch. In the unfortunate event of a defective product, please contact us immediately. Please do note that you should check all Products for flaws as soon as unpacked.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
Please ensure your correct physical address is provided and that somebody is available to accept the delivery as title and risk will pass to you once the order has left our premises.
Should any package be returned to Barclay & Clegg, we will make every effort to contact you to make arrangements for reshipment. Should the package be returned due to an error on your part, we will re-ship the package to you at your cost.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to the various suppliers of Barclay & Clegg and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in any way and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by Barclay & Clegg for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
Address: Barclay & Clegg, Shop U41C, Nicolway Bryanston Shopping Centre, cnr William Nicol Dr & Wedgewood Link, Bryanston
Tel: 082 376 8802
Email : email@example.com
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other than that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the internet; the date and time you access the site; the pages that you access while at the site and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the site, analyze trends, and administer the site.
Some cookies on this website may do the following:
- Enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services like the shopping cart for example cannot be provided.
- Improve the user experience and to enable some of the functionality provided by this website.
- Collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
- Allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your name or area you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by third party service providers who perform some of these functions (or other services) for us. Cookies are used on this website for the following third party services: Google Analytics, Facebook share button, Twitter share button, Pinterest share button and Google+ share button. Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.